There is something special about hunting a house that has been abandoned for years. It is a mystery as to what you might find inside and what stories the walls may tell. While some of the most hunted houses are well-known, plenty of lesser-known ones can provide just as much excitement and intrigue. Here are the top 8 most hunted houses you never hear about.
1. The Winchester Mystery House – The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California, is one of the most hunted houses in the United States. Sarah Winchester, the widow of the famous gun maker William Wirt Winchester, built it. The house is said to be haunted by the ghosts of those killed by Winchester rifles. It has over 160 rooms and halls with bizarre architectural features and oddities. Many people come to explore the house and its secrets.
2. The Myrtles Plantation – The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, Louisiana, is one of the most haunted houses in the country. It is said to be the home of numerous ghosts, including a former slave woman named Chloe, who was murdered by one of the plantation’s owners. People have reported seeing her apparition wandering the grounds and hearing her moaning throughout the house.
3. The Amityville Horror House – The Amityville Horror House in Amityville, New York, gained notoriety in the late 1970s after the family living in the house claimed to experience paranormal activity. The family reported strange noises, cold spots, and other unexplained phenomena. The house has since been investigated by paranormal investigators and is said to be haunted by the spirits of those who died in the house.
4. The Sallie House – The Sallie House in Atchison, Kansas, is said to be the home of a ghost named Sallie O’Hara, who died in the house in the late 1800s. People have reported seeing her apparition, hearing her voice, and feeling cold spots throughout the house. Many paranormal investigators have visited the house for evidence of her spirit.
5. The Whaley House – The Whaley House in San Diego, California, is said to be the most haunted house in the United States. It was built in the mid-1800s and has been the site of numerous tragic events, including a murder and a suicide. The house is said to be haunted by the ghosts of its former inhabitants, including Thomas Whaley and his family.
6. The Maynard House – The Maynard House in Asheville, North Carolina, is said to be haunted by the ghost of its former owner, Dr. William Maynard. He was a physician who lived in the house for many years before his death in the late 1800s. People have reported hearing strange noises, seeing lights in the windows, and feeling a presence throughout the house.
7. The LaLaurie Mansion – The LaLaurie Mansion in New Orleans, Louisiana, is one of the most hunted houses in the United States. It was owned by Madame LaLaurie, a wealthy socialite known to have tortured her slaves in the house. People have reported hearing strange noises and seeing shadows throughout the house.
8. The White House – The White House in Washington, DC, is said to be haunted by the spirits of former presidents and other prominent figures. People have reported seeing the ghosts of Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Jackson inside the house. Some people have even reported seeing the ghost of George Washington in the Oval Office.
These are just a few of the most hunted houses in the United States that you never hear about. Each of these houses has its own unique story and mystery surrounding it. Whether you are a paranormal enthusiast or just curious about the unknown, these haunted houses will surely provide an experience you will never forget.
Leave a Reply