Demis Roussos was one of the most popular and beloved performers of the 20th century. He was a Greek singer, songwriter, and musician who achieved great success in Europe and beyond. His beautiful voice and heartfelt songs touched the hearts of millions of listeners, making him an international star.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the lesser-known facts about Demis Roussos. We will explore his early life, his career, and some of the interesting things about him that you may not know.
1. Demis Roussos was born in Alexandria, Egypt in 1946 as Artemios Ventouris Roussos. He was the youngest of four children, and his parents were both Greek. His mother was very religious, and he was raised in the Greek Orthodox faith.
2. Demis Roussos began his musical career in the 1960s as a member of the band Aphrodite’s Child. The band was formed in 1967 and achieved great success in the early 1970s. They released three albums, the last of which was their most successful. It was during this time that Demis Roussos began to develop his own style.
3. Demis Roussos began his solo career in 1973 with the release of his first album, “Forever and Ever.” It was an instant hit and was followed by other popular albums, including “My Reason” and “Goodbye My Love Goodbye.” His biggest hit was “Forever and Ever,” which reached number one in the UK and many other countries.
4. Demis Roussos was known for his unique vocal style, which was often described as “operatic.” He was very passionate about his singing and was known for his powerful and emotive performances. His voice was often compared to that of Luciano Pavarotti.
5. Demis Roussos was a very private person and rarely spoke about his personal life. He was married twice and had three children, two of whom he adopted. He passed away in 2015 at the age of 68 after a battle with cancer.
Demis Roussos was a beloved performer who touched the hearts of millions of people with his beautiful voice and heartfelt songs. He was a passionate and talented musician who left behind a legacy of unforgettable music. Despite his fame and success, he was a very private person who kept much of his personal life to himself. However, these five facts about Demis Roussos shed some light on the life of this great singer and musician.
Leave a Reply